AquaBot Turbo cord problem

Steverino

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2009
Central PA
Hi all,

Our AquaBot Turbo is about three years old and has developed a power cord problem. The unit only runs intermittently and I figured out that if I wiggled the cord right where it is clamped to the side of the robot, the machine will turn on and off depending on the position of the cord. Obviously this is the primary stress point for the cord so I'm not entirely surprised.

Aqua Products (the mfg.) will sell a replacement cord for close to $300, however they also told me that often if the cord is in good shape it can be shortened a bit to eliminate the bad area. They can perform this work, or an authorized service center can do it. I have two service centers nearby and it sounds like it will be about $100 through either center.

I am handy & pretty mechanically inclined, with a decent workshop. Is this something I can DIY? Anybody else shortened one? I know we're dealing with electricity & water here, so I want to do a good job, either way...

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Just wanted to report back that I was able to fix the problem. Basically I shortened the cord and reconnected it inside the unit. Obviously there was a bit more to it, but all in all it was not difficult. Ran it for four hrs today with no problems so far.

Thanks for the encouragement... :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.