What is the best pool cover?

My preference is a solid with an automatic pump. Although, many people prefer the tight weave mesh that blocks out most sunlight and dirt. I recommend that you avoid the old loose weave mesh, as that will allow a lot of dirt and sunlight to mess up the pool. The solid covers are also available with a center drain panel.

Now that I live in a year-round pool climate I don't have any use for a cover. But at my previous house in MA I had a Loop-Loc mesh type safety cover. It was well made and held up for years. No pumps and no water and ice collecting on it. Come spring, the small amount of debris that sifted through the cover was easily vacuumed off the bottom, pool topped up, chemicals added, pump on and back to sparkling water in a day or so. Highly recommend that type cover.

newbiepool said:
I saw the solid cover with a mesh in the center to allow the water to drain. Is that a good compromise? The one with the pump, I am assuming requires a power run to the cover?
The solid is heavier than the tight mesh. The center drain panel works well. An extension cord can be used for a cover pump if the cord won't reach an outlet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.