Mixing flocs

Aug 2, 2011
Is it ok to mix two different floc products?

One is blue and thin (alum based) and the other is brown and thick like 40% algeacide (canadian tire eco pool clarifier) but no
indication is given as to its chemical makeup.

I have put one in, but it is not enough really given my problem at the moment.

Thanks!

zea3 said:
I would not mix them. Follow the directions for the one you have already put in. What is your current problem? Maybe we have some suggestions that may help.

The problem is I don't think it is enough. I can always get some more of the same brand if it doesn't precipitate out.

I've fixed the problem before with the floc. The problem is that the cheap $200 salt chlorinator went offline because of a momentary power outage.
I forgot that it power blips resets the timer (I put a UPS there too but was playing around and disconnected it!). So I got some algea.
Shocked and vacuumed it out waste (actually backwash because my waste tends to recirculate). Still end up with some residue in suspension.

Overall pool has been good since I got the intex(?) chlorinator and went salty. I jury rigged the cholorinator
for my 10K gal inground pool and it handles keeping it with 3-4 hours on cycle daily.

What was really freaky this season I would have to start a new thread on.

Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.