Chlorinator not keeping up.

Aug 1, 2011
Jandy chlorinator with a salt water pool. Three years old with little to no problems.

Anyone have the codes for problems?

Code 60 was put out yesterday. With 100 - 105 degree temps it may be just the weather pushing the system to the limits.

Cleaned the SWG in April and it was caked up with scaling.

Thanks for the help. Any information appreciated.

Code 50 or 60 shows up when it starts. It's showing that it's detected the power source. It's either 50 or 60 depending on whether you have 50 or 60 Hz power.
Have you checked the cell for scaling lately?
Can you post a full set of test results?
A lot of times the unit not keeping up when it was in the past, is because of some water issue.

Here's a link to the Troubleshooting Guide for that unit.

I just got an orange service light. I think it needs to be cleaned. I am going to clean it tonight and check it again. I usually have to clean it at the start of the season and the later part of the season. Water temp is 94 - HOT Record heat in Texas!!

Cleaned it. It was full of white calcium deposits. I purchased a liquid test kit with drops instaead of the test strips. Should be able to keep the water ph so this SWG does not get caked up as often.

Make sure your salt levels are correct for that model.. I know.. obvious, but sometimes that's what'll get you stumped.

You might double check your cya as well. Mine was low this summer and I thought my swg wasn't working... turned out I just had my cya too low so the chlorine kept getting used up too fast.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.