Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Chlorinator not keeping up.

1. Back To Top    #1

Chlorinator not keeping up.

Jandy chlorinator with a salt water pool. Three years old with little to no problems.

Anyone have the codes for problems?

Code 60 was put out yesterday. With 100 - 105 degree temps it may be just the weather pushing the system to the limits.

Cleaned the SWG in April and it was caked up with scaling.

Thanks for the help. Any information appreciated.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Houston, Texas

Re: Chlorinator not keeping up.

Hi, welcome to TFP! Do you know the model number for your unit?
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I will write it down and reply.

4. Back To Top    #4

Jandy 1400. I get a code 60 when I start up the pool manually.

2 speed pump. Cartridge filter.

5. Back To Top    #5
    SouthWest Alabama

Code 50 or 60 shows up when it starts. It's showing that it's detected the power source. It's either 50 or 60 depending on whether you have 50 or 60 Hz power.
    Have you checked the cell for scaling lately?
    Can you post a full set of test results?
    A lot of times the unit not keeping up when it was in the past, is because of some water issue.

Here's a link to the Troubleshooting Guide for that unit.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

I just got an orange service light. I think it needs to be cleaned. I am going to clean it tonight and check it again. I usually have to clean it at the start of the season and the later part of the season. Water temp is 94 - HOT Record heat in Texas!!

7. Back To Top    #7

Cleaned it. It was full of white calcium deposits. I purchased a liquid test kit with drops instaead of the test strips. Should be able to keep the water ph so this SWG does not get caked up as often.

8. Back To Top    #8

Make sure your salt levels are correct for that model.. I know.. obvious, but sometimes that's what'll get you stumped.

You might double check your cya as well. Mine was low this summer and I thought my swg wasn't working... turned out I just had my cya too low so the chlorine kept getting used up too fast.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

9. Back To Top    #9

My cyanic acid has had to be added twice because I have had to add so much water to the pool this DRY summer.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Lakeland, FL

CYA doesn't evaporate out from my understanding. Could your CYA level be too high?
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

11. Back To Top    #11
    Orlando, FL

bobodaclown is right - CYA doesn't leave by evaporation. If it is high, you will require a much higher chlorine level.
    Perhaps you could post a full set of test numbers?
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]