morning startup trips heat pump circuit breaker

tpm

Sep 6, 2008
NY
Hello
My pool is 3 years old and I just had to replace my Hayward pump 1.5 hp. Several times a week when the timer starts the pool in the morning the heater will not come on, the circuit breaker trips. Could this be somehow related as to why the pump went bad? I was hoping the new pump would correct this but it didn't
The pump is on a separate 220 amp circuit and the heater on it's own 440 circuit. I had the heat pump company come out 2 years ago and it was working as it should.
I'm thinking a delay of some type is that possible?

Thanks

Is it the heater or pump circuit breaker that trips? Does the timer try to turn them both on at the same time or is there a delay to allow the flow to start before the heater powers on?

To me it looks like you pump is 20 amp, 240 V and you heater is 40 amp, 240 V. What amperage service do you have running to the pool subpanel? You may want to switch out your 40 amp breaker, with a new one to see if it is a breaker problem.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.