Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Planning for patio update - Pergola

1. Back To Top    #1

Planning for patio update - Pergola

Greetings,

We have a lovely backyard that includes our in ground pool. There is a covered area that until last weekend had rails. We removed them to create a more open feeling. So, we start contemplating giving it all a lift. The plan would include replacing the rafters for the current roof are (it is a clear roof) and then extending the whole thing another 5 feet forward. The length of it will remain the same. There are few other options we are considering too. Since our season is rather short we are planning for this to be done next year as soon as it is possible to work outside without getting frost bite. So, the question for you is: Are there any sites known to you that would allow us to draw a plan based on our pictures free of charge? I guess some sort of virtual architect?

I appreciate any help. I also appreciate this site that has helped me a lot and I just joined it.

Thanks. Be well

Miriam
    20 x 44 in-ground vinyl
    Hayward Pro-Series High-rate sand filter (S310T)
    Nature2 Zodiac chlorinator

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Planning for patio update - Pergola

You might try out Google Sketchup. It takes a bit more work than something like Punch Home Design, but it's free. Another advantage is that you can download a huge number of similar plans, etc.

http://sketchup.google.com/download/

I would suggest downloading it and then searching for pergola models, etc.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Planning for patio update - Pergola

Thank you for the suggestion. I will check it out and hopefully find some ideas that will work for us.

Be well

Miriam
    20 x 44 in-ground vinyl
    Hayward Pro-Series High-rate sand filter (S310T)
    Nature2 Zodiac chlorinator