Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: need help with older pool

  1. Back To Top    #1

    need help with older pool

    Hello all,
    I was recently given a 27' Oyster Bay AGP that was originally purchased in 1997 (manufactured by a company called Home & Roam.) I've done some investigating and found out that they were bought out by Artesian and Artesian was then bought by a company in NY called Wilbar.

    So here's my problems. In beginning to re-create this pool in my yard from it's previous home, I noticed that 2 of the bottom rail connector plates are broken. I think I might be able to to some fixing with epoxy and some metal flashing. Not sure how good it will work, but going to try. question is, does anyone know where to find parts for older pools, such as this one? I've been told by the dealer where it was originally purchased that all manufacturers use a slightly different style so the plates aren't inter-changeable. True or not?

    Other question or request for advice...When we were taking it down, it has a stainless steel section in the pool wall that has the holes for the skimmer and the return line and also, this is where the wall is bolted together. My problem is that in removing the screws, as we got closer to ground level, the screws became REALLY rusty the farther down I got. Rather than trying to remove these, I just got a pair of metal sheers and cut the stainless steel panel. Anyone have any suggestions on this? I was going to try to get some HEAVY-DUTY Stainless flashing and "sandwich" the wall between 2 pieces and then bolt the whole thing back together. Will this hold?

    Thx for the advice and I hope someone can help! I'd like to get this thing up ASAP before we lose all of our 90 degree days in northern IL.

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad zea3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Houston, Texas

    Re: need help with older pool

    If there is a pool store in your area that has a parts and service dept you might try taking the part in question to them and see if they can find a match for it. The wall patch should hold, or you can try to order another stainless steel panel.
    TFP Moderator
    Helpful links: TF Test Kits,TFP Pool School, PoolMath
    Vogue 21' round AG, Pentair 1 hp 2 speed pump, 36 sq ft DE filter, Hayward S180T 150# sand filter, Houston, Texas
    Love TFP? Become a
    TFP Supporter!

  3. Back To Top    #3
    Mod Squad Bama Rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    SouthWest Alabama

    Re: need help with older pool

    I'd order a new stainless panel if i could, but the patch should be ok.

    You may have to repair the parts you need but I'd search the net good first.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts