How's the water?

Jun 21, 2011
Tecumseh, OK
Let me just say wow! It's been a HOT summer here in Oklahoma! It's now almost a battle to keep the water cool. We hit 113 here today and I've lost count as I think we are almost at 60+ days of 100degree temps! Water topped at 89 today, the warmest it's got to all season. I'd hate to see how hot it'd get without a waterfall fountain to help cool it!! So how's everyone else's water holding up? Any oversized hot tubs happening out there in this furnace??

Eeeek! 94 wow! Now that's a hot tub in the making. U must get full sun all day on your pool!? Wouldn't it be nice if we could just toss a couple bags of ice in and it'd cool off a few degrees? Now that'd too simple if it really worked that way.

It's funny how different folks like different temps. This apparently has been the hottest July here since records were kept. We have solar panels and keep the temps at 92-93 on purpose. Every night, even with the cover on, the pool water cools to the high 80s by the AM. We rarely get to swim in the day and like it at night when the pool temp is greater than ambient.

We expect to close on financing for our IG pool later this week, and I'm concerned about our temps here in Oklahoma as well. I wish we had another $5K in the budget for a heat pump/chiller, but it's just not in the cards this year. We do plan, however, on having our equipment pad large enough to accommodate a heat pump at a future date. It's highly doubtful we'll be swimming in the pool this year, anyway.

Our pool has been at or above 88 degrees for about the last full week here in Indiana. Today it reached 90.5!!

We tend to keep the solar cover on at night if it's going to cool off much at night. Haven't run the solar heat for except for maybe one day early last week. Unseasonably warm right now, but could use some rain desperately!

We've enjoyed the water in the evenings when it's cooled off just enough outside. During the heat of the day it's almost too warm to be refreshing.. but you won't hear me complain! I've gotten in almost every day the last two weeks and I'm loving it!

Any water regardless of the temp it is feels refreshing when it's blazing hot outside! It never really gets cool at night here so the water doesn't drop much overnight which steadily climbs each day. I guess farther north it might not stay as warm at night so then I can see using a solar cover or heater to supplement some warmth. Th neighbors solar cover has been wadded up in the yard all summer and I just know it's ruined and they are going to find that out the hard way come fall when they go to use it! Don't know about using a chiller (afraid of the electric cost) it's already high enough but that's another topic!

In NE OH I purposely run the heat pump to get H2O close to 90. It has been Hot outside but windy, and being the "delicate flower" that I am, :shock: I get cold. Actually stays warm enough for a night swim. It has been a hotter summer than usual, but a welcome change from the cruddy weather we usually get. I won't complain either :cheers:

too bad the water can't maintain 88 on its own in September and be cooler now.

I don't seem to have much trouble keeping it around 88-90 with my fountain running 10-11hrs/day. Temp was 87 this morning.

Looks like tomorrow and tomorrow night will cool things off a bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
TripleB4me said:
Here in North-Central Maryland, ours starts out in the morning at about 83 F and climbs to 86 or 87 F near sunset.

Sounds like here that is until we hit the endless 100's. Now not so much lol
It sure would be nice if we could capture the warmth now for sept and have sept's cooler water temps now!

When we opened the pool in late May, the water temp was 50 degrees. Ran the heater to get it up to around 80, and that's the last time we've used the heater. It's been a pretty hot and humid summer for us up here in Michigan. Water was around 86 but this week it's dropped down to 84 (I just couldn't imagine 94!!). My favorite temp is 82.

My aunt I formed me that even Lake Michigan was warm. Said at Oval Beach the water was 79. Told her I'd take that! Lol. Funny about the kids saying 84 is too cold, they sound sound like my mother in law haha yesterday she came to swim and told me that the pool being 88 was too cold for her! Lol I like it around 84-86 although I have to admit that 88 is nice at night if there is a breeze ;)

Our weather has been strange in Southern California; it's hot then cool. Our pool is about 85 right now, down from 95 a couple weeks ago. I usually keep the solar cover on, but, it's such a hassle to remove and the water becomes so warm, it's almost unconfortable.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.