How's the water?

Jamison04 and mhosborn,
I hear ya. Here in NW Arkansas we are already at 102, wait make that 103 now, and supposed to hit 109, all time record high is 105. Luckily my pool starts getting shade around the time it gets the hottest in the afternoon, but still going to make me a fountain to try and get it back down around 86..

I'm in Oklahoma too. We've had 100+ degree temperatures for weeks. Today is supposed to get up to 112! It's insane. I've been running the waterfall every night and our water temp is staying around 90. Not ideal, but definitely tolerable.

Thanks to a solar system and a solar cover to keep the heat in, my pool is 86 degrees today. I can usually keep it at a very usable temp (80's) at least until Thanksgiving. Then it's a long wait until Pool time again in April.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I know I'm overly excited but the pool got to 67 deg today and when I got home from work at 5:00 it was still 71 deg outside!! Not the temp you lounge around in but I was happy to swim across 4 times. The solar shower water must have been about 80 because it was warm after the pool. I'm really ready to get to spring / summer.

Just checked. My pool is up to 58 this morning. Slooowly rising. I'm looking forward to the comming season.

We brought our water up to 84 degrees with the help of our heater from the mid to high 70's for the long weekend. With our warm weather the last couple of days the solar was keeping the water temp at 84 last night.

Water hit 74 today! Yaaay! I got in yesterday to vacuum, water only got to 71 yesterday but the sun was out and about 80 so it felt good. Today was overcast so it didn't feel much warmer. Still happy to say we've officially started our pool season for 2012 before April here in Oklahoma. :)

I'm now understanding why it would be awesome to have solar along with my gas heater. These sunny days could probably get it close enough to the temp I want that if I cover it overnight and run the gas just a little bit, we could be swimming within the next week or so.

I usually don't open this early. We just need another one of those 80 and sunny weeks :)

If it was worth a couple hundred I'm sure we could be swimming on Sunday when it will be 85! But then the forecast dips all the way down to mid 50s within the next two weeks (for a couple days).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.