Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Backwashing

1. Back To Top    #1

Backwashing

We have been getting alot of rain lately and the water level is pretty high, can I backwash the water down some or should I just use the waste setting on my valve? Can you backwash the filter too much?
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Backwashing

You can use your backwash for this and it shouldn't hurt anything. You could also run the backwash as long as you need and then run a long rinse cycle.
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

3. Back To Top    #3

If it ever quits I'll Drain some out and check my readings and go from there. Thanks
    18'x52" Intex round AGP, 2650 Krystal Clear SWG pump with sand filter and a Hayward H100ID pool heater. TF100 test kit to keep the water sparkly clean.

4. Back To Top    #4

It's the perfect time for super cleaning the filter by backwashing it a long time to lower the water! It won't hurt it one bit. It's being put to use that way instead of just pumping it out on waste.

24'x52" Artesian w/ Portifino liner - Hayward 1hp powerflo matrix w/24" sand filter - AquaTrol RJ SWG. Solar heating to come. -

5. Back To Top    #5

Only thing I've been backwashing around here is my water meter puttin' water......... IN.......... the pool.
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

6. Back To Top    #6

woodyp... we're getting ready to add some water right now but I hate too... enjoying the warmer temps right now and don't want to cool down the pool. I'm sure where you're at you enjoy adding a cool bit of water to yours

I could also stand to backwash a bit but that would only add to the low water problem.

MK1985... could you send a little of that rain my way? We are getting desperate for some... and not for the pool, but for the garden and the farmers fields. Hubby says there are cracks in the yard that would swallow a matchbox car right now!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist buy w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panels mix 2, TF-100 test kit.

Test kits compared
    Purchase test kits

7. Back To Top    #7

6" of rain since Saturday and still getting some today, if I could I'd send you some. Haven't done a complete test now for about a week only the ph and chlorine qiuck test. What am I going to notice or look for when I do a complete test, I have been running the pump like I always do.