Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Construction in Mckiney TX

1. Back To Top    #1

New Construction in Mckiney TX

We were supposed to start digging today, but for some reason they could not get the machines here. Not inspiring much confidence. The lead walked me through a couple of things and I wanted to make sure this is normal. He said that we would need to help brush in the acid and water the gunite. I had never heard this from the sales person. Is this normal or are they trying to save the cost of having a guy come out.
    Dave
    Charleston SC
    10K flush deck Infinity Edge with whirlpool spa, Pebble Tec finish, SWG, DE Filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Construction in Mckiney TX

My builder (Southernwind, in McKinney) did water the gunite for me, but said that if I wanted to supplement, I could and in fact should to give it a better cure. I remember the project manager saying "you can't water it too much."

As for acid? No idea. That came after plaster in my case.
    I laugh—to disguise the tears.
    Size 15,000 gal 510′² | Filtration DE 48′² | Sanitation SWG+O₃ | Placement in-ground (IG) | Finish pebble
    Pumps Intelliflo VS+SVRS main WhisperFlo WF-28 feature | Location Dallas TX US (33ºN 97ºW)

3. Back To Top    #3

Watering gunite is normal. You want to do that and since it's really hot in most places right now you would probably want to make sure someone is home so you can do it a few times a day... or more.

Not too sure on the Acid part. I think that acid washing is done after the pool finish is applied and cures for a day or two. Maybe they don't want to return for that part of the job? It wouldn't be any fun at all and I wouldn't want any part of the acid washing process. It should get baked into the price you're paying for finish.
    Shelley
    Denver, CO

4. Back To Top    #4

Started two days late but here we go with escavation...

Dave
    Charleston SC
    10K flush deck Infinity Edge with whirlpool spa, Pebble Tec finish, SWG, DE Filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

Iron work and basic plumbing only took a day

Dave
    Charleston SC

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by fyton2v
    Watering gunite is normal. You want to do that and since it's really hot in most places right now you would probably want to make sure someone is home so you can do it a few times a day... or more.

Not too sure on the Acid part. I think that acid washing is done after the pool finish is applied and cures for a day or two. Maybe they don't want to return for that part of the job? It wouldn't be any fun at all and I wouldn't want any part of the acid washing process. It should get baked into the price you're paying for finish.

I pushed back on the plaster piece and the sales person said he would take care of it persoanlly.
    Dave
    Charleston SC

7. Back To Top    #7

Gunite is down and tile has begun

Dave
    Charleston SC