Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Water temperature when testing

1. Back To Top    #1

Water temperature when testing

New pool owner here. My test kit instructions say the pool water should be at room temperature when tested. During the summer my pool water stays around 90 degrees F. How important is it that the water be room temperature for accurate testing? Should I take my samples inside and let them cool to room temp before testing, or is it not worth the trouble?

Assuming that testing 90 degree water will throw the tests off, does anyone know how much and in which direction? Would it be possible to adjust the results to compensate?
    15'X48" cheapo Intex metal frame pool. 4400 gallons.
    Cartridge filter
    The only thing I could find about the pump is it says 1000 gallon filter pump.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Water temperature when testing

Cold water slows down the reactions with the various reagents.

Don't worry, just pull a sample and test.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Water temperature when testing

Great. Thanks!
    15'X48" cheapo Intex metal frame pool. 4400 gallons.
    Cartridge filter
    The only thing I could find about the pump is it says 1000 gallon filter pump.