Considering Remodeling in the DFW Area

Jun 17, 2010
Hello,

I currently have a 35 year old inground vynil liner pool here in the Dallas area. The liner is 4 years old not looking so good and has sprung a couple leaks. I was thinking of remodeling the pool either this fall or next spring and was wondering what ballpark cost would be. I am hoping someone has done one recently and can share their experience.

Here's the current configuration:

Current configuration: 16 x 32 rectangle with cut out for stairs
9' deep end
3' shallow end
3' cool deck surrounding pool

Here's what I'd like to do:

Convert from vynil to a concrete surface.
Reshape the pool to be smaller. Maybe 14 x 26
Adjust pool depth to be 5.5 foot at the center tapering off to 4 feet on the ends (current 9' in the deep end and 3' in the shallow)
Add Additional Return line
Add Sundeck (with integrated stairs)
Replace cool deck with something more modern

I'm thinking that since the hole is dug and I have all the equipment and plumbing it would cost between 15-20k to do a remodel at this level. What are your thoughts?

Thanks,

Roland

Welcome to TFP!!

Going to a crete pool will shrink your internal dimensions (and I'm not sure you could find anyone to do the work :( ) While you want a smaller pool, the plumbing connections could well give you trouble in the future.

Give me full details on what you have v.s. what you want and I might be able to figure out a decent way to pull this off :) (pics would really help :wink: )

waste said:
Welcome to TFP!!

Going to a crete pool will shrink your internal dimensions (and I'm not sure you could find anyone to do the work :( ) While you want a smaller pool, the plumbing connections could well give you trouble in the future.

Give me full details on what you have v.s. what you want and I might be able to figure out a decent way to pull this off :) (pics would really help :wink: )

I found some pictures (see link at end of post) from when the liner was replaced in summer of 2006. What I would be looking for is to have the shallow end shortened about 4 feet from the fence and the stair side pushed in about 2 feet. Remove the cool deck around the pool and replace with either stone work or another cool deck. Not sure what else you would need that I haven't mentioned in my original post.

NOTE: The spa is plumbed and wired separetely from the pool.

http://s1107.photobucket.com/albums/h384/jookydfw/Pool/

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.