Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Liquidator and the Spa

1. Back To Top    #1

Liquidator and the Spa

Do you do anything to the Liquidator (like turn it off) when you run the Spa Mode for several hours?

I'm still tweaking level of chlorine and the flow on the Liquidator. It really requires more 'work' than I expected.

Last night we ran the spa for about 3 hours. When I got into the spa I could smell the chlorine (normally it is very faint). I wanted to get a water sample last night, but I forgot.

We got into the spa again today for about 2 more hours (this is before the normal system run time). I collected a water sample from the spa and the pool when we got out:

Spa:
    pH 7.6-7.8
    FC 26.5
    CC .5

Pool:
    pH 7.6-7.8
    FC 4.5
    CC 0

Pool after 6 hours of circulating
    pH 7.6-7.8
    FC 5.0
    CC 0
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ca-t28413.html

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Liquidator and the Spa

How do you have the LQ outlet plumbed into the system?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

They installed it right before the pump (just like in the HASA Diagram). I guess they could have installed it at the point where the Spa Valve would have bypassed it, but it's a little late now.
    40x20 Free Form IG Pool (aprox 29,000 Gal, 140 Perimeter, depth 3'6"-7', Baja Shelf, 8x8 Free Form Spa) - Gunite Shell, Pebble Plaster Finish, Poured Concrete Coping - 3 Deep Heat Returns - Jandy LXi400 Gas Heater (400,000 Btu) - Jandy Variable Speed Pump JEP 2.0 - Jandy CL 600 Filter - HASA Liquidator - Jandy PDA 6 w/ Remote - 4x Jandy WaterColors Pool LEDs - 48" Gas Fire Pit - 6x Gas Tiki Torches - 12'x15' U-shaped BBQ Island (Firemagic Equipment)
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-p...ca-t28413.html

4. Back To Top    #4

The easiest thing to do would be to move the LQ outlet to the pool only side. There are several ways to fix it but that will be the easiest.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit