650' pool area
110' perimeter
3.5' to 9.5'
Diving board
SR Smith Turbo Twister Slide
6 ton Moss Boulder waterfall
Aqua Blue Pebble Sheen

Also 18' X 20' Cedar Cabana for Pool Table

I will include many pictures as the build progresses.

Attachments

• MINTER_009.jpg
    MINTER_009.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 432
  • _MG_6530.JPG
    _MG_6530.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_7563.JPG
    IMG_7563.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 432
If I may suggest something missing-you need some shade, over the water and the sitting area. We use ShadeSails. Get spmeting, or you will roast in in the sun. (Even in the water.)
I sank 15' posts 5 feet in ground, using
500 lbs concrete for the anchor. Don't bake in the Texas sun-shade all the pool and sitting areas.

When we first moved in the house, we would roast in the California sun, which is not nearly as bad as the sun in Texas. (We moved from Louisiana.) The sails made ALL the difference. I highly recommend incorporating them into your design- that, or something similar. (Don't mind the landscaping- we're redoing everything right now...)

Tom

Attachments

• shadesail.jpg
    shadesail.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 420
  • shadesail2.jpg
    shadesail2.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 420
Shade

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the advise on the shade.
We have planned on several shade structures.
An attached pergola will be added to the cabana as well as many market umbrellas through out the area.

I will look into some shade sails.

Thanks,
Chris

I am partial to the sails, obviously, just make sure you use poles that are properly mounted and anchored, with a minimum 1/4" wall. (I used 1/8th inch wall, and my poles bend under load. ) use wire rope cables, turnbuckles, and heavy duty caribiner style clips- you can generate huge wind loads with these things- you ddon't want to cut corners.
By the way, your plans look great..

Looks great! I wish I had a deep end in my pool :(

Somewhat cheaper than a shade sail (but not quite as effective or convenient) is to have a bunch of umbrella sleeves put in when they pour the deck. Then, you can move standard umbrellas around to wherever you want them. We have a 13' offset umbrella for which I built a heavy base with locking casters. It hangs out over the pool nicely, but was not cheap.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well here it is Wednesday and the pool is gunited. Now it really starts to look like a pool. It will have to cure for a week. In this Texas heat, it will be tough to wet it down enough to slow that down.

More pics.

Attachments

• Gunite 031.jpg
    Gunite 031.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 219
  • Gunite 037.jpg
    Gunite 037.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 219
  • Gunite 017.jpg
    Gunite 017.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 219
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.