Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool- TFP Test Kit Results- Help

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool- TFP Test Kit Results- Help

Our pool is finally complete! Still have about 2-3 weeks of paver, firepit and fence install. Will post pics soon.

Here are the results using TFP Test Kit. This is my first time testing, so hopefully these are correct.

PH- 7.8
    FC- .5
    CC- .5
    TA- 80
    CH- 250?
    CYA- 0, but I used a test strip from pool builder and it showed 30 range?
    Salt- 2800, but Prologic display said 3000

The pool calculator states I should add 62 oz of 6% bleach to get to target of 2 FC level, add 16 oz of muratic acid to bring down PH. Thoughts?

What about CYA? Should I add the recommended levels of 277 oz of liquid or 107 oz by weight? Or should I wait until FC is at approprate level?

What kind of CYA and where should I get it? Not sure if the PB put any in.

Please advise- thanks!
    18 x 36 vinyl IG- 3.5 to 5 ft.- 20,000 gallaons, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward TriStar Dual Speed 1.5 HP pump, Hayward C3025 SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Hayward SWG, Hayward Heat Pump 21104T, 2 inch PVC, 3 returns, 2 skimmers, 2 Low Suction (no main drain), Dedicated Suction for The Pool Cleaner 4x, Prologic 8 with Aquapod, 2 Colorlogic LED lights, (2) 16 inch sheer descents

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New Pool- TFP Test Kit Results- Help

What type of chlorine did you add to the water? IF you've only added bleach, then your cya should be zero, you have to add it, or it comes from using pucks. If your not sure if the PB added any, is there any way you can ask? If not, I would go have it tested at the pool store, just to get a ballpark, it probably won't be accurate anyway. Have you ordered a good test kit? I love the TF-100 test kit. It performs every test you need. It is worth every penny and my reagents lasted a season and a half before I had to order some refills. I just by cya from lowe's or walmart or wherever I am at the time.
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

3. Back To Top    #3

I tested with TF-100 test kit.

I believe he added liquid chlorine after the pool was filled and before he started the SWG.

Any thoughts?
    18 x 36 vinyl IG- 3.5 to 5 ft.- 20,000 gallaons, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward TriStar Dual Speed 1.5 HP pump, Hayward C3025 SwimClear Cartridge Filter, Hayward SWG, Hayward Heat Pump 21104T, 2 inch PVC, 3 returns, 2 skimmers, 2 Low Suction (no main drain), Dedicated Suction for The Pool Cleaner 4x, Prologic 8 with Aquapod, 2 Colorlogic LED lights, (2) 16 inch sheer descents

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Please don't take this as mean spirited but you two need to get on the same page. Trying to manage a pool with 2 Chiefs and no Indians usually doesn't work well.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5

Sorry, I missed the part where to said you tested with Tf-100 Lot's of distractions here today. Trust your results and use the pool calculater to make any adjustments. I know nothing about a SWG pool, so I'll let the experts chime in. Have a good day!
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

6. Back To Top    #6

No problem pepsiolic and thanks for the response. I will trust the results. Not sure if I trust my measuring though.

I will retest again later today or tomorrow.

Thanks again.