frankjr8 from Indiana, new house new pool, CLUELESS !!!

Welcome to TFP!

Yes indeed, you have come to the right place! A great place to start is to read some of The Stickies, see the link in the sub-heading of each page. If you have specific questions look around for an appropriate section and start a new topic with your question.

Assuming the pool was properly winterized, you are good to go until spring. If your cover collects water, you should pump it off when you have the opportunity. You usually want to open the pool when the water hits 60 in the spring to make opening easier. I'm south of Bloomington, and that's generally around the first of April for me.

Tell us about your pump and filter, cleaners etc.. One thing to plan for is a decent quality test kit. Many people just blindly add chemicals based on inaccurate test results and mistaken information from pool stores and wind up in a mess. One of the members here sells a good one at tftestkits.com, or the Taylor K2006 is good too.

Welcome!

I agree with John T, If the pool's closed for the winter, then I would spend the rest of the winter learning about pool chemicals and how they all work together. Reading the stickies would be the best. I also agree, you need a good test kit, and the http://www.tftestkits.com/ is the first one I ever used and seams to be the best. It was very easy to use, and had reliable results. good luck to ya and welcome aboard, your going to learn a lot on this site. :cheers: :goodjob:

Welcome to TFP!

Most of us here were clueless when we joined. TFP will give you the confidence to maintain and care for your pool with chemicals readily available at the grocery store for very little cost. We help each other solve problems, commiserate, and rejoyce.

Reading the Stickies is an excellent start!

Again, welcome!

AnnaK

Hello Frank and welcome :-D
You have found the right forum for help with your new pool. study the posts and stickies and ask all the questions you need to. The hole forum family will help you through the learning of your pool.(and other things to) I have bin amazed at how quick and how respectful the answers come. If you have to hash out something over and over we are here to help each other and we all understand this. Frank add what you now about your pool to your signature and you can add the rest later as you find out, this will help all to help you.
Again welcome and your going to love YOUR pool.
Ric W. :wave: