Aeration with SWG ?

Jul 31, 2011
South West France
Hello All,

I have a pool with a SWG and fairly well balanced water , The return eyes have air venturi ports on them that when opened add bubbles to the returned water (not a lot but clearly visible).

I assume the would be deemed a aeration but, is it of any value to my pool to a)keep them open, b)keep them closed or c) open them as required (and when would that be)?

Many Thanks

Tim

If you were typing to lower TA, using the extra aeration would be handy. Other than that, it is best to only have them on when you are using the pool and if you find the effect entertaining. Too much aeration tends to make the PH go up, which isn't usually desirable.

OK , at the moment my TA is between 40 and 90 (depending or whether you trust my test TA of 43 or the store one of 90). From the SWG balance pages here I should (taking the average of 65) be within tolerance. I will leave the aeration off.

Thank you for the reply and info Jason

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.