Aqua EZ 24ft Round Pool Liner ?

Jul 30, 2011
MS
We are installing a new pool and liner, the pool walls are completely level and at 24 foot. The liner however is 24 foot one way and the other way is 23'1". The 23'1" is the direction the seam runs, there are no wrinkles this direction. Why is it to short that direction?

I can post some pics if it will help...Its a foot short the direction that the seams run on the bottom....Its 24 ft the other direction...We waited till the sun came back out yesterday and tryed getting the liner to reach the wall ' but it only stretched maby 1 inch or less after the sun hit it....Thats why we couldnt use the same amount of overlap all the way around' because it being a foot short ' the seam wont touch the cove...The other way where we have 24ft ' we would have to overlap the liner about 5 of 6 inches...We have it on 3 right now & the 24 width is sagging some' but even with the shop vac going the liner likes a 1/2 ft on each side touching the cove' in the direction the seams run...The instructions say the seam needs to sit halfway of the foam cove..We have sand up 2 inches & that leaves 2 inches at top....

ps: How critical is it? that the seam touches the cove? AquaEZ says its not' but all the video's i watched ' says make sure the seam that goes around the pool bottom ' touches the cove...thanks

Yeah' we used blocks when i set up the bottom support rail to keep it from moving' and we had it 24ft perfect...After the wall was installed ' the ends were only 1/4 inch off..We remeasured the pool and its still right at 24....So ur saying it dont hurt for the side of the liner to sit down on the sand and some on the cove? I have a 1/2 ft on each side of the pool where the liner dont touch the wall ' even with the shop vac going...What threw me off was i see most people have the same amount of overlap all the way around...If i use this liner ' i would have to pull like 6 or 7 inches over on 2 sides that have plenty of liner and the liner lays loose on both sides that way...I have 3 inches all the way around right now ' and the wall is like 6 inches from the liner on the 23 ft direction on both sides..

I couldnt talk to them over the weekend' but waiting on a call from them today..I left a voice message yesterday..Bill i talked to there was realy nice and had already replaced a damaged wall at no charge the week b4...We just trying to get this finnished b4 the rain comes back...

ps: is their a eay way to install the top brackets and rails? Looks like after u have the liner setup' u have to go back and pull the rails back off which also pulls the liner sleeves back off. Do you like install 2 rails and 1 bracket and work your way around? The bottom rail and brackets were easy and all faced up...The top is a little harder looks like....All the videos and links i have searched for skips where they are installing the rails & brackets...

You know anyone that has a video or pics of the easiest way the top brackets and rails to to be installed' after the liner is ready and in place...Evrything i find skips that part ...

I just talked to bill at Aqua EZ and he said it would be fine for the wall part of the liner to rest on the sand...For me just to pull up the slack on the sides that have to much liner & leave the side that was short along or drop it down another inch or so...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.