Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Earwig Problem, Help!!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Gloucester, UK

Earwig Problem, Help!!

Hi Guys, i was wondering if you could help me with a problem I have. I have earwigs around my hot tub, and i'm unsure of what to do! it has been a dry summer here in the UK so i think they see the hot tub as an attractive place with its water. We have these cushion float things that we normally keep outside the hot tub, and when I put them in today, earwigs started crawling out of them into the water!! Any tips?
    Softub T300 resort 1135l hot tub with ozonator using dichlor then bleach method.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Portland, Oregon

Re: Earwig Problem, Help!!

Ewww... earwigs are creepy. The only bug I jump for... the only imaginary bug I jump for actually.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

3. Back To Top    #3

Waukesha, WI

Re: Earwig Problem, Help!!

Get some diatomaceous earth, but not pool grade (doesn't work on bugs). Sprinkle or dust around your hot tub and anywhere else where creeping pests are a problem (ants, aphids, silverfish...). Works like a charm so long as it is dry - reapply after rain or watering. DE is generally not harmful to pets or people, although I wouldn't inhale the stuff. I hope that helps!