Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need help changing the fuse in IC40 power center

1. Back To Top    #1

Need help changing the fuse in IC40 power center

We have no lights on our SWG at all, no chlorine in the pool at all. Pump works fine, no LED on in power center. Hubby tried to remove the fuse (with the power center cover unremoved) yesterday evening. He was able to remove the fuse holder....but no fuse came with it. That is when he opened the power center cover. Took a quick peek and closed it as it was rapidly getting too dark out. Today he removed the fuse holder again and this time the fuse came out but it is not intact, one end is missing. Plus, there is a red wire attached to the circuit board on one end, not attached to anything on the other end. It appears that the plastic cover on its connector is somewhat melted. Is this the wire that attaches (somehow) to the fuse? I am going to try to attach pictures. Ugh, pictures too big. See them here ... G_0061.jpg (broken fuse) ... G_0060.jpg (red wire with burned looking end)

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Need help changing the fuse in IC40 power center

I don't see the fuse holder in that pic. That wire definitely goes somewhere and it certainly could be the fuse holder.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Pensacola, FL

I had the same problem....wound up breaking off the fuse holder. Purchased another fuse holder at Radio Shack and a 10 amp slow blow fuse.
    Bill Moyer
    CWO4 USN (Ret)
    Pensacola, FL

10k gallon 12x24 in ground pool built 2008, vinyl, Pentair Intellichlor IC40, Pentair Intelliflo v/s pump, Pentair Legend Platinum cleaner w/booster pump, Hayward sand filter. Using the BBB method.

4. Back To Top    #4

The same just happened to me as well. Found the IC40 with no lights and the fuse holder broke to pieces as I tried to remove it. One of the fuse caps had come off. I too went to radio shack and got a new pannel fuse holder + 4 pack of 10a 250V fast blow fuses for $5 out the door. The Pentair version of this holder is $20 on Amazon, no fuses. The RS version is higher quality too, ironically.

Fyi for anyone else...
    18,000gal IG with FG finish + spa, Pentair CCP 420 filter, Pentair VS pump, Hayward AQR15 SWCG, Polaris 360, 325k BTU heater...