Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: my install

1. Back To Top    #1

my install

So I figured its about time to post some pictures of my agp pool install.. this was my first time doing this so it was a lot of work for just me to do.. my pool is a 18' round that I purchased from craigs list. I decided to dish it out about 6" to give it about 54" inches.. sorry if the picture quality is bad
    [attachment=2:11g70q7i]pool dig.jpg[/attachment:11g70q7i]here is the start of the dig

I started this thing in early june due to a rather soggy May.. i ran into tons of groundwater and would have to stop diggin.. ony 4" down
    This is the pool that I purchased for $250 from craigslist
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: my install

Here is the pool up with the foam cove.. I originally was going to pad the bottom( dont really regret not doing it)
    Here is the liner set up for the stretch. (this ended up being trickier then expected)
    [attachment=0:25ka9sad]ready for water.jpg[/attachment:25ka9sad]

3. Back To Top    #3

I unfortunatly can not add the picture of the pool filling.. The streching worked fantastic.. almost lost it thought when i lost track of time and the liner started falling in because the water got to high.

But this is what it was all for

I would like to personally thank TFP and Shadetree builder for the help of this install.. It just goes to show you with a little research and hard work you can DIY and save Thousands of dollars..

4. Back To Top    #4

The last pitcure was taken about 1 week ago.. That water sure is BBBLINGY isn't it?

5. Back To Top    #5
    Portland, Oregon

Indeed it is!

Nice pool, nice inexpensive pool... Awesome deal!
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.