Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pH test kit

1. Back To Top    #1
    DFW, TX

pH test kit

Folks - I am a TFT100 user for a good 6 months now. I love almost all of it but often struggle with the small size and slight color differences of the included pH test (Sorry dave! )
    I have been using the Pentair 752 kit that came from my PB. I'm running out of both the #2 and #4 reagents and the only place I can find them is but they want $15 for shipping... a bit much for $4 of reagents! I cannot get them from my closest pool store either.

Does anyone know anywhere else it is possible to get these reagents or is there a different pH kit outhere which is "BIG" with easily available refils?

My Pool: 27K gal IG plaster, Pentair FNS Plus DE Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWCG, Polaris 280 Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Sebring, Florida
    Hi, Mat,

Apologies not necessary. Price, convenience and availability all factor in to choosing the components of the TF-100. Some choices are a little better than others.

I would try a local pool store or Wal-Mart or HD/Lowe's. If it doesn't look too old, you may find a kit you like for a pretty good price. Refills can be pricey, hard-to-find, and a general nuisance. I have no idea what that chemistry is but it doesn't sound like anything I have to replace TF-100 chemistry.

Waterbear will read this, I'm sure, and he's the guru of test kits and testing. He may well have some useful info for you.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School