Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Few Problems Despite Broken Pump and Heat

1. Back To Top    #1

Ridgefield, CT

Few Problems Despite Broken Pump and Heat

Our pump failed last Friday, right in the middle of a 95+ hot, humid heatwave. I was very nervous about maintaining the pool with such heat, in the face of a broken pump, particularly as we had a lot of sun during the course of the following week, as well as 3 serious downpours. I figured the best I could do was test the water daily and add bleach to get near the top of the FC range, and use a net to skim the surface.

A week later, we had a functioning pump and I decided to shock the pool, just to be safe. I was thrilled to find that we had no FC loss overnight, no CC and a crystal clear pool (once I vacuumed).

The bottom line is that a broken pump does not have to be devastating. Vigilance as to FC levels, with a little bit of manual surface skimming, can make the start up relatively pain free.
    33,000 gallon plaster pool
    Jandy L-Series -CL580 Cartridge Filter

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Few Problems Despite Broken Pump and Heat

19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School