Limescale stuck on the bottom of the pool!

moxy

Jul 3, 2011
Hi , i am new to the forum so i am sorry if i am posting in the wrong place.

we seem to have limescale stuck on the bottom of our pool, we think its limescale rather than algea. It really is stuck and brushing it doesn't remove it. does anyone have any ideas on how we can remove it? the only thing i have been told so far is to drain the pool and clean it. but we have liner pool and you are not meant to drain them !

Thank you for your help :-D

Welcome to TFP!!

This is a tough one!

Acid should do the trick, but would harm the liner :evil: A rounded plastic scraper might do the trick, but again- could rip the liner :evil:

I think your best bet is to adjust the pool chemistry so that, while it's safe to swim in, you'll dissolve the chunk.

As such, can you please tell us your water chemical numbers? (cl, pH, Alkalinity, calcium hardness and CYA)

Some friends of mine in town had that one spring on opening. I believe he took a broom handle (wood & smooth rounded end) & gently tapped on the chunks & they broke loose. I took him a while, for sure. As Waste also said, test results would be helpful.

Hey man, just came accross this randomly on Google, but I have your solution!

Viakal is what you're looking for.

http://www.clickcleaning.co.uk/products/379/viakal-descaler-10x500ml-.aspx

Doesn't make much sense me typing out the big description, but basically, this stuff will dissolve the limescale and also create a barrier to stop it accumulating again. Also safe for use on ceramic tiles, which I'm guessing is what your pool is made of.

Anyway enough product placement, I hope this helps!

PipBoy said:
Hey man, just came accross this randomly on Google, but I have your solution!

Viakal is what you're looking for.

http://www.clickcleaning.co.uk/products/379/viakal-descaler-10x500ml-.aspx

Doesn't make much sense me typing out the big description, but basically, this stuff will dissolve the limescale and also create a barrier to stop it accumulating again. Also safe for use on ceramic tiles, which I'm guessing is what your pool is made of.

Anyway enough product placement, I hope this helps!

Not sure you'd want to add that stuff to a pool and then swim in it...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.