Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: How do I keep chlorine in the pool?

1. Back To Top    #1

How do I keep chlorine in the pool?

We have an automatic chlorinator and set it to the highest setting but we still have readings at almost no chlorine in the pool. We have a black bottom pool, so it is staying about 81-85 degrees. We have added shock to the pool to get it to register the chlorine also. We have an ozone, chlorinator and mineral system for the pool. Is the chlorinator not working or are we doing something wrong?

2. Back To Top    #2

South Central NJ

Re: How do I keep chlorine in the pool?

Please read pool school. It in the upper right hand corner of every page on this site and is covered there.

This section is for the discussions that get in deeply into topics such as actual chemical reactions, equations, physics, etc...

Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: How do I keep chlorine in the pool?

You most likely have an algae bloom starting. Read Pool School and it will clear up some things.
    We'll also need a set of test resullts.
    Water Clarity
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit