LifeTime Supporter
Jun 1, 2011
Northern Maryland (near Delaware)
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
First BBB, perfect water. I have a Tf-100 kit and I keep my FC around 5 to 5.5. I noticed sometimes when I do the CC test I have slight pink and 1 drop clears it. I have not shocked in weeks, believe it or not and kids in pool daily with high 90's and 90 degree water. So my CC tonight is 0. Which I notice here and there the same pattern, .5 then 0 for a few days. Is it possible my zeosand that advertises to remove chloramines is removing these CC's? I have really good circulation and run pump 6 hours a day in the evening. After 2 hose issues and a big water loss I start the pump on timer when I am supposed to be home.

I will do a full test set tomorrow, doing the FC test to see if I drop overnight, but there were 6 of us in it tonight.

No, it's not the zeosand. CC is constantly being both created and destroyed. Even a very low FC level will destroy CC. When CC is created more quickly than it is destroyed, you see a CC level above zero. That can happen when there is some extra debris that needs to be broken down or if the FC level is just slightly too low. As long as CC remains at 0.5 or lower, this is nothing to worry about.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.