Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stupid Question CC goes from .5 to 0 without shocking

1. Back To Top    #1

Northern Maryland (near Delaware)

Stupid Question CC goes from .5 to 0 without shocking

First BBB, perfect water. I have a Tf-100 kit and I keep my FC around 5 to 5.5. I noticed sometimes when I do the CC test I have slight pink and 1 drop clears it. I have not shocked in weeks, believe it or not and kids in pool daily with high 90's and 90 degree water. So my CC tonight is 0. Which I notice here and there the same pattern, .5 then 0 for a few days. Is it possible my zeosand that advertises to remove chloramines is removing these CC's? I have really good circulation and run pump 6 hours a day in the evening. After 2 hose issues and a big water loss I start the pump on timer when I am supposed to be home.

I will do a full test set tomorrow, doing the FC test to see if I drop overnight, but there were 6 of us in it tonight.
    15'X30'X52" AGP AquaSports Grande Buttress Free (10,620 Gallons), Hayward Dreamline S190 W Zeobrite, 1.5 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, AquaLuminator Light+ fountain attachment, Pool Rover, Tf-100 test kit, Speed Stir.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Stupid Question CC goes from .5 to 0 without shocking

No, it's not the zeosand. CC is constantly being both created and destroyed. Even a very low FC level will destroy CC. When CC is created more quickly than it is destroyed, you see a CC level above zero. That can happen when there is some extra debris that needs to be broken down or if the FC level is just slightly too low. As long as CC remains at 0.5 or lower, this is nothing to worry about.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School