CH on the Rise

When water evaporates, all of the calcium is left behind. Then when you add more water to bring the pool back up to normal it brings along extra calcium, so the CH level goes up. Calcium is only lost when you backwash, splash out, overflow, or otherwise remove water from the pool.

thabeezer said:
I have the speedstir...should I drain more water and refill
Your call.

With careful attention to pH and TA, you can maintain CSI in the safe zone way up to about 800 CH. After that it gets very difficult - and I know this from personal experience. Your CYA is awful high, so it might not be a bad idea to drain off a few inches. Periodically I empty the spa into the pool and then use pool water to water the lawns while I refill the spa. Each time I do that, I exchange about 5%. It hasn't seemed to hurt the lawn any, but I do let FC run down to the low end of safe before hand. If you have a salt water pool, then I wouldn't use it on the lawn.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.