Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: AGP install...bumpy liner, should I drain and reset???

1. Back To Top    #1

AGP install...bumpy liner, should I drain and reset???

The short of my question is I have an installer doing my 30' resin install. When starting to fill I mentioned the big footprints, and now at over half full I have craters and some creases. The main guy is willing to drain and reset the liner, but he hasn't ever had to do it.
    Our plan (I am now an active piece since I don't want the original chuckleheads doing anything) is to drain and lift all of the liner over the part where the skimmer and return are already cut and set; carefully smooth out the sand and reset the liner. Does this sound viable? Will this be more of a hassle or create more of a problem than living with wrinkles and craters?

2. Back To Top    #2

Western Pennsylvania

Re: AGP install...bumpy liner, should I drain and reset???

I think it depends on how long the l.water has been in and if the liner stretched when the water went in, you may have issues with getting it back where it was.
    Do you have a sand bottom?
    my sand base was smooth but now has dips all over.
    15ft round above ground pool (6600 gallons)
    Sand filter
    Jandy gas heater
    Intermatic timer

3. Back To Top    #3
    NE Ohio

I think sand just does the dippy thing. we have the "happy bottom" on top of sand and there are still dips on the bottom with more popping up now and again. In my opinion, I think it would be more of a pain than it would be helpful resetting the liner, but that's just me.
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

4. Back To Top    #4

Water was in for less than one day. I drained some out so the liner doesn't completely set (bout knee high now). My concern is the skimmer and return connections, I would have to unhook one to be effective in getting the air out. I may drain a bit more to see if I can remove the worst of the wrinkles and reshape the cove where it it humps up and then dips back toward the wall. Any ideas on any good methods?
    Thanks, I do appreciate the assistance.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Portland, Oregon

A few wrinkles here and there are sometimes nice because the lee side tends to catch dirt and it's easy to find it and vacuum up.

On the other hand, footprint sized craters won't be so easy to vacuum over properly.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.