Hayward Phantom Quick Connect Hose

Jul 29, 2011
Is there anyone that has successfully repaired the end of the hose, the quick connect part with the pressure control knob that goes into the wall fitting. I have had to replace mine twice in four years. The back blows off and the water comes out there and I end up with no pressure to run the cleaner. It don't completely blow off but more like opens up enough to let the pressure/water out. I can't find a replacement part for the fitting you have to buy the whole hose end. It looks to me that if I had just the fitting I could change it out. If you have any idea on a kind of epoxy, glue, or what ever that will hold up that will be helpful too. I welcome any suggestions.

You should find out if the cleaner can work with ordinary Hayward or maybe Polaris hose and maybe replace it so you don't need the quick disconnect system which is a interesting design but prone to fail. I use Devcon Epoxy in our engineering lab which bonds to anything and lasts underwater. You get it in white color also. You get similar products available at Walmart ad home improvement stores marketed under the Devcon , loctite , superglue and gorilla glue brand names. Most of these sets in 5-10 minutes and are ready for use in a few hours.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.