Suds from store brand bleach?

Jul 21, 2010
Garland, Texas
This might be a silly question but I'm going to ask anyway as I'm somewhat puzzled. It seems that not long after I add my every-other-day 2 cups of "regular" Kroger brand bleach as oxidiser for my bromine, or after I shock with my 4 cups of once-a-week "regular" Kroger brand bleach, I have suds on top of my 1200 gallon in-ground spa water. Not enough suds to even call it foam. Just suds. Especially noticeable under the waterfall. The little patches of suds float around the pool surface for a little while and then dissipate. And reform. And dissipate. The "Foam-away" product I bought at the pool store :? before I knew about the whole BBB process makes the suds disappear. For a while.

I checked the ingredients of the Kroger brand bleach and it is 6% bleach and 94% 'other' ingredients. Is it possible there's some detergent of some sort in the "other" ingredients somewhere? :?:

Thanks as always.

Sandi in Dallas

94% "Other Ingredients" is normal for 6% bleach, so I don't think there is anything in the bleach. It could be that there is something in your water that the chlorine is oxidizing and the byproducts are causing the foam. Sunscreen maybe?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.