Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: 44" of water ... what water!

1. Back To Top    #1

44" of water ... what water!

Just thought that I would brag a little. I took this picture to file a claim on my liner ... notice the patch on the vertical seam at the top of the picture. Also notice the horizontal bottom seam where the wall piece laps the bottom pieces ... yes, it appears to have been "torn" from the factory as it was like that when I got it. It's held, but I patched it just to be safe just after taking this photo. After taking the photo it dawned on me ... you can't see the water at all! Yep, 44" of crystal clear water! I couldn't have done it without this site ... thanks guys for the willingness to share and help out a newbie. Latest chemistry:

pH: 7.5
    FC: 4.5
    CC: 0.0
    TA: 80
    CYA: ~20 (and climbing, just added more 3 days ago to bring from ~15 to 40)
    Borates: 50

[attachment=0:2xd8n262]IMG_6702.jpg[/attachment:2xd8n262]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16,000 gallon 27'x52" Above Ground Pool
    Hayward XStream CC1000 Filter w/1HP Pump (hard plumbed)
    My Build Thread

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 44" of water ... what water!

Gorgeous!
    20k gallon IGP
    Plaster over gunite
    3/4 hp Hayward pump
    Purex Triton DE filter
    TF100 test kit w/ speedstir

3. Back To Top    #3

Very nice!

I'm having a bit of trouble interpreting the image however. Are we looking down to the floor along the wall w/patch? I'm thinking there's an illusion that the floor is actually a ledge, very clear.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.

4. Back To Top    #4

What you are seeing is the camera looking at the wall/cove/floor (in order from top to bottom in the image). The wall to floor seam of the liner (bottom horizontal line) is at the bottom of the cove and the top of the cove is the color delineation about 1/2 down the image. Note that the vertical wall seam "bends" toward the wall to floor seam. For reference of just how clear it is, that patch is about 1/2 up the wall. Hope that makes more sense.
    16,000 gallon 27'x52" Above Ground Pool
    Hayward XStream CC1000 Filter w/1HP Pump (hard plumbed)
    My Build Thread