Question about FC levels for salt system vs. chlorinator

Jun 30, 2008
Suffolk County, NY
I have something I have been wondering about when it comes to salt systems vs. Chlorinators.

It is agreed here that if a person has a salt system they can keep the FC levels in their pool a little lower than usual.
I read that the reason for this is that the salt system constantly (while running) adds chlorine to the pool throughout the day.

Would the same be true for a puck chlorinator for the same reasons?

Thanks. Just wondering :lol:

No, the SWG lower FC level only works for SWGs, not tablet feeders or bleach pump systems. No one knows exactly why this is. It certainly is not because the SWG adds chlorine continuously. One theory is that some of the water gets super-chlorinated passing through the SWG cell, but that is just speculation.

JasonLion said:
No, the SWG lower FC level only works for SWGs, not tablet feeders or bleach pump systems. No one knows exactly why this is. It certainly is not because the SWG adds chlorine continuously. One theory is that some of the water gets super-chlorinated passing through the SWG cell, but that is just speculation.

Gotcha. Thanks! It was really just out of curiosity that I asked. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.