Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Question about FC levels for salt system vs. chlorinator

1. Back To Top    #1

Question about FC levels for salt system vs. chlorinator

I have something I have been wondering about when it comes to salt systems vs. Chlorinators.

It is agreed here that if a person has a salt system they can keep the FC levels in their pool a little lower than usual.
    I read that the reason for this is that the salt system constantly (while running) adds chlorine to the pool throughout the day.

Would the same be true for a puck chlorinator for the same reasons?

Thanks. Just wondering
    18x38 Inground Liner (25k gal) Paver surround, multi-speed pump, DE Filter, Raised spill over spa, TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Question about FC levels for salt system vs. chlorinator

No, the SWG lower FC level only works for SWGs, not tablet feeders or bleach pump systems. No one knows exactly why this is. It certainly is not because the SWG adds chlorine continuously. One theory is that some of the water gets super-chlorinated passing through the SWG cell, but that is just speculation.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Question about FC levels for salt system vs. chlorinator

Quote Originally Posted by JasonLion
    No, the SWG lower FC level only works for SWGs, not tablet feeders or bleach pump systems. No one knows exactly why this is. It certainly is not because the SWG adds chlorine continuously. One theory is that some of the water gets super-chlorinated passing through the SWG cell, but that is just speculation.
    Gotcha. Thanks! It was really just out of curiosity that I asked.
    18x38 Inground Liner (25k gal) Paver surround, multi-speed pump, DE Filter, Raised spill over spa, TF-100