Pump flow rate

GreatCanadian

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland
Hi all,
This is my first post here, and of course it's a question! I have indeed searched for this information online, but cannot seem to find it. I am considering purchasing a Hayward 1 HP Ultra Pro Above Ground Pump for my 12x22 foot pool. I need to know the flow rate of this pump. I have a heat pump which has a minimum flow rate requirement, and I don't know if this pump provides it, although I am assuming it does. I am shopping online in Canada, but there are so many different pumps it's confusing. I've read that Hayward is a reliable brand. If anyone can inform me of the flow rate of this pump, or recommend something better (but not too expensive) or recommend a good online Canadian shopping site I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any replies.

I wouldn't worry too much about reliability. Pumps are a mature technology and all mfgs use the same motors and seals. Unless you get one of the new variable speed pumps your not getting anything new. Having said that, Hayward is as good as the rest. Whatever brand you have local access to the parts for is the ones I'd be looking at.

Barring some outside problem (lightning, mechanical damage, etc), they should last 10 years or more. The biggest thing that needs to be watched for is seal leakage. If you catch that as soon as it starts you'll save the bearings and motor.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.