Recomendations for pump/filter combo

Jul 11, 2011
West Monroe, La
Looking to buy a new pump and sand filter - 27' round, 54" wall - currently I have 120V service behind the pool, I will be running an aqua trol and would like to take advantage of the pump timer, so I am probably going to have to stay with a 115V pump. My budget is 600-700 dollars.

Thanks
Clint

Clint,
I have had the Matrix for about 5 yrs now, seems fine. Starting to get a little noisy, I think that it might be time for new bearings. They now have a 2-speed model, not bad price either. I would go for the 1HP or maybe the 1.5HP if you ever plan on moving the pump away from your pool and add solar panels like I did.
Here is just a quick look: http://www.poolsuppliessuperstore.com/p ... -7780.html
When it comes to a sand filter, never used one. I love my cart filter. I think that they are less work, waste less water and filter the water better. But that is my opinion. If you do go with a cart filter, go with at least a 150 sq. foot.
Mike

There are several combo units out there in about your price range, but they usually pair a smallish filter with a huge pump. You'll be better off buying them separate unless you can find someone to assemble a unit for you.
For a 27' pool, my recommendations would be:
3/4 hp full rated 2-speed pump, or a
1 hp uprated 2-speed pump, paired with either a:
250+ lb sand filter, or a
200+ ft² cartridge filter, or a
48+ ft² DE filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.