We just moved cross country (Washington State to Connecticut) to a new home with a pool a few weeks ago. The safety cover was in place so I was hoping taking off the cover and have the pool up and running in a week. LOL not that simple. We took off the cover to find hundreds of tadpoles, bullfrogs and the cute little green ones (cute if they weren't in our pool!) in a swamp mess. We netted up as many as we could and put them in a big plastic tub on the deck to watch them grow away from the pool. We then dumped 5 packets of shock into the pool. It was a pretty blue with no sight of the bottom yet, the next day. We have the pump, filter and in-line chlorinator running. Sta-rite s8m150, Hayward super pump 2 and a hayward chlorinator. Until I can see to the bottom to know exactly where the deepest is, I've estimated the pool at around 23,000. I've been using the leaf net to try and get as much sludge as I can from the bottom but boy its a black mess when i bring it up.
I ordered the test kit today, thanks for having a discount for supporters, so as soon as it gets here I can get some numbers on here and then start doing chemicals properly. Hubby got a strip test kit (I know, wrong) and it says that the ph is below 6. We'll see what it says in a few days with the new test kit. I'm very happy to find an excellent forums. I've been reading so much and there is great information on here. So thank you for that!
I'll upload our progress. It's already came a long way in a matter of a few days but the kids are driving me nuts to get it done.
I only have videos of the swamp mess. This was taken today. I'm on the path of BBB now tho. No more Cal-hypo.