Good ole Monsoon

Jul 20, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
I had a fantastic last year using the BBB method for my pool. For some reason, this year has been a nightmare. My PH goes of the charts and I have to use MA to lower it all the time, and now, for some strange reason, we are having a very bad Monsoon season. My pool was going down 2-2.5 every day all summer until last week. It started to go down 4ppm a day. I can't find my CC test but knew something was off. So I decided to shock my pool which is something I haven't done since using the BBB method. Pool has been vacuumed and scrubbed down. The pool calculator recommended 19 and did that last night. I just tested again and its down to 8, What is going on ! The bizarre thing is, my pool still looks great. BTW, I live in Phoenix AZ.

FC -8
CC- ?
PH 7.8
TA 90
CH 250
CYA 65
Borate 50
water temp at 90 :(

gsmiley said:
I can't find my CC test but knew something was off.
Do you have the tf100 or taylor 2006 kit? Testing for CC is easy with those and important if you are fighting something organic. Both use the R-0003 reagent, after doing the FC test (but before dumping it out), put 5 drops of the R-0003 reagent in, and repeat drops R-0871 titrant. This will give you CC.

linen said:
gsmiley said:
I can't find my CC test but knew something was off.
Do you have the tf100 or taylor 2006 kit? Testing for CC is easy with those and important if you are fighting something organic. Both use the R-0003 reagent, after doing the FC test (but before dumping it out), put 5 drops of the R-0003 reagent in, and repeat drops R-0871 titrant. This will give you CC.

I have the tf100 and for some reason can't find the CC (r-0003). I plan on going to our local leslie pool which sells the product by bottle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.