Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Problems with pool filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Problems with pool filter

Hi, I'm Lisa.
    New pool owner. We bought a summer escapes pool from walmart. The pump is terrible. We can't keep the pool clean so we bought a crystal clear sand filter pump. It is suppose to fit on our pool. However it doesn't fit. I'm not sure how to make this work. Is there anyone out there that has had this problem and knows how to fix? I'm desperate and really to pack up the pool. We haven't been able to use it all summer and I would like to come to a solution so that we can enjoy our new pool. HELP PLEASE!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Problems with pool filter

Welcome to TFP, Lisa!

It might help to post some pictures of the fittings you have so people that aren't familiar with that particular brand can help you out.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    Portland, Oregon

Re: Problems with pool filter

Summer Escape hoses are larger than Intex for similar sized equipment. Incidentally, Intex hoses actually fit inside Summer Escapes, but they aren't air-tight.

You will have to adapt the ports in the pool side in some way. I don't know the fittings to do so, we use the stuff it inside method because it's on the return side. The inner tube over the connection helps... a little. It doesn't leak, but it's not under much pressure either.

Try searching "summer escapes" and "intex" in the search box at the bottom left (google). Your answer might be in someone else's similar question from the past.
    Where kids swim in 54 degree water, turn blue, and giggle happily cuz they got a POOL!
    Year 3 BBB -15' x 48" Intex Metal Frame - Was using (2) 1000gph Intex cartridge filters (see Full time pumping Intex). 2012, converted to 1600gph and sand filter+SWG = Sand filter love affair!
    Don't waste time and energy looking for a better value on test kits, the TF100 is the best deal around. I did the looking and spent the extra money, but you don't have to make the same mistake. Just go here: TFTestkits. I use Pool Calculator for min/max, and shocking chlorine levels.