Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What else do I need?

1. Back To Top    #1

What else do I need?

I'm getting my permit approved this week for the pool so it's time to order. What am I missing?
    Sharkline Matrix 15x30x54
    beaded liner
    Hayward EC 50 DE filter
    Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump
    TF100 test kit - ordered this morning.
    Pool Rover Jr
    Clear 12mil solar cover
    pool ladder/steps w/ gate (needed for zoning) - Main Access Easy Entry Steps w/ ladder system 36"
    4'x15' winter pillow
    winter cover - need ideas for this. I'm building a deck around the pool. Not sure if it will be this year or next. I like the look of the deck under the top rail but what do you do for a cover then? One dealer said to put the deck 1/4" away from the edge so the cover will slip through.
    Other than DE, BBB and water am I missing anything?

Also looking for a heat pump. Talking to poolheatpumps.com but also looking for a used one on craigslist if I can save a couple grand.

Thanks,
    Rob
    Sharkline Matrix 15x30x54, Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump, Hayward EC-50 DE Filter, Rome/Solarium 105k Heat Pump, Aquabot Rover Jr - Deceased - looking to replace it

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What else do I need?

A timer for the pump would be useful, as well as a pole with a brush and skimmer net.

I'd skip the used heater. They are subject to serious damage when water chemistry isn't maintained properly.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

I have about a half inch or maybe a little more, where deck meets pool and it's plenty of room for the cover to be pulled down through.
    24 x 52 Round AG Outback Empire Pool 13,500 gal.
    1 HP Hayward Power-Flo pump w/Hayward 18" 150lb. sand filter
    TF-100 test kit & SpeedStir
    Wanda the Whale Vacuum

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT
    A timer for the pump would be useful, as well as a pole with a brush and skimmer net.

I'd skip the used heater. They are subject to serious damage when water chemistry isn't maintained properly.
    Good to know! Glad I asked. If I could get one for $500 I might chance it. I found one that was from 2007 that was purchased for $4k. She wants $3k for it. Seems a bit crazy when I get a new one for that price.

I have a timer already that I forgot about. Just need the pole and skimmer.

How is it with the deck close to the edge? I have little kids and don't want them stubbing their little toes.

If I did put the deck right under the top edge what kind of cover do you do? An in-ground one with connectors on the deck?

My daughter also wanted to know if she can ice skate on it? If not why? Wasn't sure how to explain that one
    Sharkline Matrix 15x30x54, Hayward 1hp 2 speed pump, Hayward EC-50 DE Filter, Rome/Solarium 105k Heat Pump, Aquabot Rover Jr - Deceased - looking to replace it