Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Soon to be pool owner

1. Back To Top    #1

Soon to be pool owner

Hi everyone - I just learned of this forum a couple of months ago and it's already been a huge help. My husband and I are getting very close to buying an inground pool. We are finalizing the details, but wanted to post our pool info and equipment in case anyone saw something that we are missing or if something doesn't look right since this is all new to us. Thanks!

Pool 460sqft, Spa 44sqft, Paver Deck 610sqft (it is a geometric shaped pool with small number of water features)
    Hayward 40K Aqua Rite Salt System with Digital Time Clock (Includes Built in Freeze & Surge Protection)
    Hayward Pro-Logic Automation with APOD Waterproof, Wireless Remote Control PS-8
    Hayward Color Logic 4.0 Led Light Upgrade (1 Pool & 2 Spa)
    Hayward 400,000BTU (Propane) Heater
    SILENCER 1HP Blower (Spa)
    4’x10’ Solar Panels (Manual Control)
    PARALEVEL Auto Drain/Fill
    1 Wide mouth pool skimmer, 2 Hayward main drains and 3 return fittings
    2 Speed Pump Upgrade
    O3 Ozonator
    36k gal, 20x40x30 Tru L, 3hp-4 speed Pentair, cartridge filter and SWG, 6 deck jets, blue granite swim outs and steps, diving board, solar heater, yards and yards of stamped and stained concrete

2. Back To Top    #2
    East Texas

Re: Soon to be pool owner

Why do you think you need an ozonator? Better yet.......why did THEY say you needed one?
    16x32x52" Steel Cornelius Miramar AGP Vinyl liner 13,100 gal. Buried 2 ft.
    2 Speed Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 85 g.p.m. 22" 250lb. sand filter hard plumbed
    Pool Rover Jr., Pool Blaster Max, Diver Dave TF100 Test Kit/Speed Stir
    Margaritaville Frozen Concoction Maker, Liqour Chiller, & Drink Mixer & Party Tub----Collect 'um all!

3. Back To Top    #3
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Soon to be pool owner

Unless it's an indoor pool, I'd ditch the ozonator. It's not useful in and outdoor pool.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit