Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: My Intex sand filter pump giving me trouble.

My Intex sand filter pump giving me trouble.

Turn on the pump and it just makes the motor noise. It doesn't act like it wants to suck or anything, no matter what mode I set it in. I'm getting fed up, this is crazy. Any suggestions??? Thanks!

Re: My Intex sand filter pump giving me trouble.

Oh also, I can't get the top off of my basket thing to clear out the pine needles, it won't turn at all. ><

Opening the little drain plug at the bottom should relieve the pressure and make it easier to turn the basket lid. Is there water to the top of the basket? I had to loosen the clear top of the basket to bleed the air out. If you open the drain where you backwash, will water flow out? It should. Mine flowed out even without the motor running if I remember correctly. If it does not, my guess would be some kind of obstruction.
    18'x48" Intex metal frame pool, 1600 Intex sand filer/pump combo, Intex SWCG.

Ok I will try to loosen the pressure on it tomorrow. Too many mosquitos out right now to go fool with it.