How Red is Red?

reluctantchemist

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 24, 2011
Yorktown Heights, New York
TF-100 Test kit came today. Only real question is reading the TA. Is it considered red when the water turns pink/deep pink? numbers:
12:30pm . . . .7:45pm
FC=18.5 . . . . FC=13
CC=3.5 . . . . .CC= XX
TC=22.0 . . . .TC= XX
pH=7.5 . . . . .pH=7.2
TA=130 . . . . TA=140
CYA=25 . . . . CYA=30
Stabilizer dissolving in sock put in 7/24 when CYA was 0 according to pool store guy. I'm afraid I'm being too exact as to what is "red", in which case my TAs are actually lower. Thanks

Wasn't a Barbie kinda gal growing up, but my daughter was and Barbie Pink explains the color perfectly!! I think I went a little beyond, now I feel better that TA isn't really that high. Thanks. This is like doing lab work at the animal hospital I work at, which I rather enjoy. Maybe I'm not such a reluctant chemist?

What JamesW said.
It doesn't really matter what shade of red it is. The endpoint is when you're adding drops and the color changes, keep adding drops until you add a drop that doesn't change the color and don't count that last drop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.