Chlorine Output

JCJR

LifeTime Supporter
May 4, 2007
Miami
Is there a conversion that takes the amount of lbs of chlorine a SWG makes and turns it into chlorine amt in gals (based on %)

Example, my pool uses .5 gal of 10.5% chlorine, How much lbs of Chlorine does my SWG has to produce. I am seeing comparisons of SWG rated for 30,000gal and they range from .7 lbs to 1.2 lbs of chlorine.

Does a SWG produce 100% Chlorine so I need 10% of the volume based on 10% chlorine? If a gal of Chlorine weighs 9lbs does that mean I need .9lbs of chlorine?

I understand that the SWG has % to compensate but I also see alot of TFP'er running their units at 70 - 80%.

You can do conversions with the Pool Calculator and a tiny bit of math. SWGs are normally rated in the weight of the equivalent amount of chlorine gas they can produce running at 100% for 24 hours. Scale that down based on your pump run time and percentage setting and enter that in the Effects of adding chemical section towards the bottom with the popup set to chlorine gas. That will give you ppm of chlorine for your pool. You can then enter that in the FC section to see how much bleach/liquid chlorine that is equivalent to.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.