Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Heard anything about ClearPro?

1. Back To Top    #1

Heard anything about ClearPro?

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about the "ClearPro" that Pentair is offering as an option for their sand filters. Does anyone know if that option is even available yet? I have noticed that there is sometimes a marketing blitz way before the product is available for sale. Thanks!
    inground liner Grecian "L"
    26000 gallons
    1 HP whisperflo, TA100 sand filter
    Autopilot digital SWG, SC-60 cell
    Hayward Colorlogic LED lights

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Hi, Rocky,

Haven't heard of it. What is it supposed to do?
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    According to the Pentair website, its a "double secret" process of some sort that improves filtration by 60% over the regular sand filter. It is an option and it looks like it is available on most sand models they offer. The problem is....my PB and his supplier don't know anything about it and the pool equipment websites that I have found do not offer the option. I suspect that marketing is ahead of production again.
    inground liner Grecian "L"
    26000 gallons
    1 HP whisperflo, TA100 sand filter
    Autopilot digital SWG, SC-60 cell
    Hayward Colorlogic LED lights

4. Back To Top    #4
    They use special laterals in a sand filter to supposedly improve filtering dramatically. See here for what little information there is.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

5. Back To Top    #5
    snip from site: " The ClearPro™ secret is a proprietary, porous tube that water must pass through before re-entering the pool. It creates a final barrier to the very smallest particles that sand cannot trap, including the finest dust particles, algae and pollens. The result is water that’s 60% cleaner than with any other sand filter. Put another way…the best water quality with the most user-friendly, lowest maintenance solution. "

Reminds me of an RO filter but w/o the continuous waste outflow. The passage "holes" are obviously larger too. You must have to open & flush out the tube periodically.

I am interested in buying it too, but would need more info than that! Hope others post what they find out on it...
    Regards!
    keithtx