Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: can you recommend a lub for the o-ring?

1. Back To Top    #1

can you recommend a lub for the o-ring?

i have a hayward ecostar variable speed pump, i was told that i need to lub the oring maybe once a week or whenever I open the cover and clean the strainer. I was told to use a silicon spray, however I found out that there is a gel, any brand or type of lube you recommend so I can get one online?

thank you

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: can you recommend a lub for the o-ring?

I just use Pool Lube from Leslie's.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

magic lube, or a water based lube like U.S. Seal Lube

4. Back To Top    #4

Dow Corning 111 Valve Lubricant and Sealant is the best thing to use. Even though it says sealant, it is just a lubricant, it does not get solid like a sealant/caulk. Jack's 327 (made by Hayward) is Dow Corning 111 Valve Lubricant and Sealant, but it is much more expensive.

Magic Lube II is also a good silicone based lubricant. Regular Magic Lube is Teflon based, which is OK, but silicone is better.

5. Back To Top    #5

Silicone plumbers grease. Lowes or Homedepot
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida