Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: minimal pump controller for hayward Tristar

1. Back To Top    #1

minimal pump controller for hayward Tristar

Just bought a 2-speed Hayward Tristar pump and am trying to figure out the least expensive controller system for this. The Hayward ProLogic stuff seems like overkill since I just want to be able to change speeds and set times.
    I have seen much cheaper hi-lo switches (like this - OR this that I could use but I am not sure if they are compatible.
    I am new to this and any advice would be appreciated.
    Built in October 2011, 16 x 26 x 20 L shaped vinyl IG steel wall pool, Hayward DE pro grid verticle filter 4800 pool, Hayward two speed superpump, 120,000 BTU Pentair Ultra Temp Heat Pump, Aqua Rite Salt system, 8' wide walk out steps, 2 skimmers, 4 returns, 2 main drains, 500 watt underwater light, intermatic mechanical timer

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: minimal pump controller for hayward Tristar

The T10604 is the one you want. It allows you to start and stop the pump and to switch speeds too.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: minimal pump controller for hayward Tristar

The Intermatic P1353ME is a little more expensive, but easier to use, compared to the T10604R.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School