New pump plumbing opinion

Sep 14, 2010
East Texas
I am going to change out a pump (not mine, just helping out) and there are no unions in the suction side plumbing. I am wondering if the rubber flex couplings with a screw clamp would be ok to use. I picked up a couple at Lowes this morning and they do fit the 1½ pipe very tightly. I know pvc unions would probably be better, but not as easy.

There is not enough room to put any kind of coupling between the suction manifold T and pump, so I will have to cut both suction pipes right above ground level and before the ells and T that go to the intake of the pump. My plan is to cut the pipes and then unscrew the complete manifold from the pump and then reinstall it back to the new pump and reconnect the piping.

What do you think?

Thanks

Welcome to TFP!!

Bama's spot on with his assessment of the Ferncos :) :)

Any chance of a pic or 2?

Thee are a bunch of folks here with knowledge about replumbing filter systems and if they can see what you're dealing with, a solution might be found. :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.